Chicken Birthday cakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 cups wet grated zucchini
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt coconut oil, mix in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and cream of tartar
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in zucchini.
- Add batter to muffin tins for chickens. Then mix sugar into remaining batter.
- Mix together the topping ingredients (sugar, cinnamon, cream of tartar). Partially fill remaining muffin tins. Sprinkle n topping, then fill the rest of the way and sprinkle topping again.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin tins and allow to cool.
Our first chickens turned one year old on Tuesday, so I came up with a recipe for a “chicken birthday cake” that would be healthy(ish) for chickens and tasty for us. Leaving the sugar out of the batter worked well — the chickens got whole wheat, coconut oil, cinnamon, and zucchini. We got cake — and the topping mixture gave the muffins a crispy and crunchy top. Would totally make this again.