Creamy Corn ChowderCourse: Dinner, SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 Tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs
6 cups stock (veggie, chicken)
1 lb potatoes, diced
2 tbsp corn starch
Bacon (or veggie bacon)
- Melt the butter in a stock pot and saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant
- Add corn kernels and saute until they start to caramelize
- Add stock, corn cobs, and potatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water to form non-Newtonian fluid. Slowly mix into soup to thicken broth.
- Near the end of cooking time, saute bacon.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon.