- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium-high.
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not overmix — a few lumps are OK.
- Pour some batter into waffle iron and cook for about five minutes.
These are great for breakfast, but I’ll make these as a quick sandwich bread when we’re out of bread too. Add savory add-ins like green onion and cheddar cheese.