I needed a quick meal last night — so I made a carrot-y, creamy tomato sauce for pasta.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 large onion, diced into small pieces
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- salt, pepper, Italian herbs
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add diced carrots and cook for a few minutes. Add garlic and onions and cook for a few more minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add salt, pepper, and herbs. Then add tomato paste and stir to incorporate oil. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add pasta cooking water to thin to a reasonable consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Add salt/pepper/herbs to taste.